Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Introduction to the Biblical Truth About Hell

I have been seeking the Lord diligently for a number of years now. He keeps teaching me, through the Holy Spirit, His truth and His Word. I am outside of the typical "church" setting and I don't rely on men or Bible commentaries to supply me with Biblical knowledge. I ask the Lord for wisdom and understanding, and ask for His Spirit to teach me everything. That's what we should all be doing. We don't need a man with a Bible College degree to tell us what God says, we have God inside us! He is ready and willing to pour out His wisdom to us. On top of that, "scholars" and "theologians" typically just pass down man-made beliefs and doctrines! With that being said, God has been breaking down the walls of Christian mythology, if I may. There is so much error in the Body of Christ that it's appalling. The latest topic that the Lord has been revealing to me over the last few weeks has been the idea of hell. It has been bothering me for at least two years actually. He's been knocking.

First, a disclaimer. I belong to no denomination. I'm not Baptist, Lutheran, non-denominational, nothing. I'm not a Seventh Day Adventist, I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, I am nothing. I believe in Jesus Christ and His Word, that's it. I think denominations are divisive, and that they help think for us. We adhere to a doctrine we like and stick to it. Well, I have to say that every denomination I've ever looked into has had at least one thing seriously wrong with its doctrine. I also believe that the typical church building form of worship is severely detrimental to the Body and to our growth in the Lord. Besides, if we all have the same Spirit and one mind in Christ, why all the disagreeing? Surely God isn't the One who is confused.

So now I will begin to slowly unravel this bombshell that is all over Scripture. I prayed that I organize it well, because I currently have over 70 passages and/or verses to support this.

I will prove, Biblically, that "hell" in most cases is simply the grave, and that nobody burns forever in an eternal inferno. I will show that the wicked are burned up, and ultimately devoured, destroyed, and consumed.

First, I will list all the verses that mention the word "hell" in the Bible. There are 54 instances. I will show their original Greek and Hebrew meanings for each different version of the word. For example, sometimes hell is translated from Sheol, Hades, Gehenna, or Tartaroo. I will break down the distinctions as necessary.

After that, I'm not sure how I will organize this. I will, however, show Satan's ultimate fate, and show through many books of the Bible that the wicked are burned up in the lake of fire, which is the second death.

I really hope I haven't turned anyone off yet with this. I know it's a radical idea, and people are quick to judge and label me as something I'm not. I am fully confident that this is the truth, or else I wouldn't publish these blogs. I'm too scared to teach anything that isn't true. I don't want to have to answer for errant teachings on the day that I meet the Lord. So stick with me, and dive into what I have to show you. Thanks!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PART 1  






A Voice in the Wilderness

No comments:

 

A Voice in the Wilderness | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates